To configure your Hours of Service (HoS) solution, there are two main areas that you will need to access. The first being Fleet Complete and the second being BigRoad. Fleet Complete configuration addresses the general set-up of your User Accounts, Assets, and Resource Records, which are then transferred to BigRoad. Once the information becomes available in BigRoad you can then further define the settings for your HoS solution.
ADDING RESOURCE RECORDS & ENABLING BIGROAD
Next, in Fleet Complete you will need to set up Resource Records for each of your employees. Once set up, an automated Welcome email is sent to the resource via their noted email address. The email provides them with their temporary password, login credentials, and a link to download the application. These resources will become available in BigRoad in the Fleet tab under the Users sub-section.
ADDING A RESOURCE RECORD
To set up an employee you will need to add an FC Resource Record.
- From the main toolbar, select, System / Configuration / Fleet Configuration
- In the lower left menu, select Resources
- In the upper left menu, select Resources
- In the ribbon tool bar, click Add.
- On the Resource screen, type the resource’s Name and their Email address
- Click the Email 3-dot ellipses button
- On the Assigned Products screen, select the BigRoad checkbox
- Click Accept & Close
- On the Resource screen, click Save & Close
ADDING USERS ACCOUNTS & ASSIGNING ROLES IN BIGROAD
Only FC users with the appropriate Security and System Security profiles assigned can create other FC user accounts. The FC User Account determines who can log into Fleet Complete as well as what functions the user can carry out. Furthermore, these profiles determine the BigRoad roles and permissions that they will be able to perform. In BigRoad there are four main roles:
- The Administrator can: update settings, edit fleet member’s profiles, view the dashboard, message drivers, run reports, and add/edit groups in the application.
- The Safety Manager can: view the dashboard, message drivers, run reports, add/edit groups, and *has the exclusive ability to edit drivers’ logs.
- The Dispatcher can: view the dashboard, message drivers, run reports, and add/edit groups in the application.
- The Driver can: use the features and functionalities in the Mobile app.
ADDING BR DISPATCHER AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR ROLE
To set up a BigRoad Dispatcher or Administrator role you will need to add FC User Accounts with Security & System Security Profiles.
- From the main toolbar, select System / Administration / User Accounts
- In the ribbon toolbar click the Add button
- On the General tab, type the employee’s Name, Login, and Email
- Perform one of the following:
a. To give the user account both the Administrator and Dispatcher roles in BigRoad:
i. Set the Security Profile field to Administrators
ii. Set the System Security Profile to System Administrators
b. To give the user account the Dispatcher role in BigRoad
i. Set the Security Profile to Read-Only
ii. Leave the System Security Profile field blank
ASSIGNING BR SAFETY MANAGER ROLE
- Complete the steps above noted in the “Assigning BR Dispatcher and/or Administrator role” section.
- From the main toolbar select, Fleet / BigRoad / Fleet / Users
- On the Current Users screen corresponding to the Name that you want to update, click the Edit button
- In the Roles section, select the Safety Manager checkbox
- Click the Save button