About FC WEB Maintenance
The Maintenance module allows you to schedule, record and manage the service requirements most commonly needed for your fleet.
In addition, relevant resources and other contacts, such as mechanics can be automatically e-mailed a reminder about the need for upcoming Maintenance.
Accessing the maintenance module
- Log in to FC Web
- From the main menu, click Maintenance
Viewing the maintenance monitor
Upon selecting Maintenance, the Reminders screen displays.
On this screen the Maitenance Services are divided into three categories:
- Overdue: Maintenance services that have not yet been completed and have exceeded their scheduled mileage or due date
- Due Soon: Service items that have reached the early reminder parameter set and will be due soon, and
- Upcoming: All the maintenance service items that have been created in the system
Adding single maintencence service
A Single Service occurs just once whenever the asset(s) reach their scheduled mileage or due date or both.
- Complete steps 1-2 from Accessing the Maintenance Module
- Click the + New Reminder button on top right-hand corner of the Reminders Screen
- On the New Service screen, type the Name Of Service
- Click the Repeat dropdown menu and select No
- From the Service Due section, select the checkbox next to At and type the amount of distance at which you require the service to be due, or
- Select the checkbox next to On and select a Date when you want the service to be due from the calendar pop up menu
- Alternatively, select the checkboxes next to both At and On and type a Distance and select a Date to create the maintenance service based on both Distance and Time
- Click the Next buton
Adding a repeat maintenance service
A Repeat Service occurs on a recurring schedule whenever the asset(s) have reached a scheduled mileage or time or both.
- Complete steps 1-3 from Adding a Single Manintenance Service
- Click the Repeat dropdown menu and select Yes
- From the Service Due section, select the checkbox next to Every and the type the amount of Distance at which you require the service to be due every cycle , or
- To select a Time, click the checkbox next to Every and from the dropdown menu select the days, weeks or months for the service to be due every cycle
- Alternatively, select both the checkboxes next to Every and type a Distance and select a Time to create the maintenance service based on both Distance and Time
- Click the Next button
Note: When setting up repeat maintenance services for the first time, the value(s) of the next maintenance service cannot be adjusted to reflect when the next service is due. For example, if I set up a repeat service for an oil change at every 5000 miles, the FC Web application will add 5000 miles from the current odometer. But it doesn’t mean that it’s 5000 miles from today, the oil life could be at 60 or 70% already of its cycle. This means that a Single maintenance service needs to be created to reflect the value of the first service. When the first service takes place, users can then create a new Repeat service to have the cycle start at the correct values.
Setting up notificaitons
Users can set up notificatons to remind them of a Maintenace Service before it becomes due. If a Maintenance service is created based on both Distance and Time, users will be notified based on whichever occurs first.
- If the service is based on Distance only, on the Reminders section, type the amount of KM/MI in the distance field you would like to be notified before the service is due, or
- If the service is based on Time only, on the Reminders section,type a certain amount of time and click the dropdown arrow to select from days, weeks or months that you would like to be notified before service is due
- Alternatively, if the service is based on both Distance and Time, type the values in both the fields as necessary
- To create an Email Reminder,click the Email Reminder dropdown menu and select Yes
- In the To field, type the email addresses of the recipients to send the reminder notifications to and separate multiple email addresses with a semi-colon
- Click the Next button
Assign assets to maintenance services
Users can assign the Asset(s) that the maintenance service will apply to
- On the Select Assets screen, click the checkboxes next to the Asset descriptions that will require the service
- Alternatively, Click the Select All button to assign all your assets to the maintenance service
- Click the Done button
Completing maintenance item
When a maintenance service has been completed on an asset, you can complete the maintenance service from the Reminders screen.
- Complete steps 1-2 from Accessing the Maintenance module
- On the Reminders screen, click the Done button to the right of the Maintenance Service Item you wish to complete
- On the Service Done screen, confirm or type the Odometer at which the service was completed
- Confirm the Date or click the dropdown arrown to select a Date when the service was completed from the calendar pop up menu
- Click Done
- For repeat services, click Do Not Recur if you wish to end the repeat maintenance service for the asset